Thursday, July 05, 2007

 

Global Warming is Not a Good Name For it

I can see why the movement has sort of moved towards Climate Change.

It's tough to associate the average global temperature with going up when we've had such a wet dull summer here.

Of course, I know there are cogent reasons for it, and have tried to explain to people (from my limited understanding of the whole thing) that the Gulf Stream moving is not a good thing for the UK and will lead to more extremes, not really 'warming' as such...

There are still loads of people out there happy to deny anything is going wrong, as every year fluctuates between greater flooding and record high scorchers. Maybe they're right. I tend to go with the huge bulk of scientists on the subject though, on the basis they know more about it than I do. Just like I trust High Court Judges and Surgeons. These days, though, we spend five minutes reading the Wiki page on a subject and flatter ourselves we have a full understanding. I've mentioned this before, though, haven't I?

Oh well, time to swim to the gent's....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?