Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Internet Myths

WHY is it that when people read stuff on the net they immediately suspend disbelief etirely and assume something is true? Obviously here I'm generalising, but the amount of those shitty lists like '20 obscure word origins' (nearly always 90% of which are entirely fabled) or '100 things to amaze you' and all that would indicate that people really buy the stuff written therein.

I guess I've been guilty of falling for some of them myself in the past. Don't believe everything you read: and extend that to be even more vigilant on the net - any old tosser can write things.

I mean, some people even go as to far as to write blogs and fill them with fatuous nonsense.

The cheek of it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?